Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This is Distinguished

Magnum Founders EditionA few weeks ago, I was fortunate to receive a private showing of Verso’s Limited Edition of the Magnum Founders Platinum Portfolio at Serbin Communications in Santa Barbara. Thanks to Elizabeth Owen for showing me this rare project that is impressive in every category of fine art presentation. When she put on a fresh pair of lint-free gloves before opening the solid walnut box containing the book and platinum prints, I knew I was in for something special.

The investment at the pre-publication price was $12,500, and I believe they have six editions remaining to be sold of the original 75 that were assembled. In an atmosphere of content oversaturation and crowd sourcing, important photography presented with taste and care is holding value.

No comments: